Benefits of Cycling
According to Better Health Channel, there are many benefits to cycling as a form of exercise:
- Cycling is low impact: there is arguably less strain and injury involved than most other forms of exercise.
- It's a good muscle workout: Cycling targets and uses all the major muslce groups as you pedal.
- It does not require high levels of physical skill.
- Cycling incereases stamina, strength, and aerobic fitness.
- It can be as intense of a workout as you make it, meaning its adjustable in terms of its difficulty level.
- It can be fun.
- It is an excellent alternative to being sedentary, like one may be driving or using public transportation.
Health Benefits of Cycling
- Increased cardiovascular fitness
- Increased muscle strength and flexbility
- Increased joint mobility
- Less stress
- Improved posture and coordination
- Increased bone strength
- Decreased body fat levels
- Prevention/management of disease
- Decreased levels of anxiety and depression