Benefits of Pilates
According to Better Health Channel, the health benefits of pilates include but are not limited to:
- balanced muscular strength on both sides of your body
- enhanced muscular control of your back and limbs
- improved stabilization of your spine
- improved posture
- improved physical coordination and balance
- increased lung capacity and circulation through deep breathing
- improved concentration
- stress management and relaxation.
The difference between pilates and yoga is that yoga is made up of static postures while in Pilates you put yourself in unstable conditions and move your limbs.
The two basic forms of pilates are mat-based pilates and equipment based pilates.
Some more health benefits include:
- Whole body fitness. It's a whole body workout!
- Adaptable to many fitness levels and needs No matter if you're a beginner or experienced at Pilates, there is surely a workout routine that fits your needs.
- Creates strength without bulk Pilates works to build long, lean muscles as opposed to muscles for show. Toned muscles are the goal!
- Increases flexibility. Pilates works to increase range of motion within the joints.
- Develops and improves core strength. The core muscles of the body are the muscles of the deep back, abdomen, and pelvic floor. These are the muscles we rely on to support our backs, to have good posture, and maintain efficient movement patterns.
- Improves posture. Good posture is supported by a strong core.
- Increases overall energy
- Promotes weight loss and wellness
- Increases awareness of body/mind connection
- There are many different ways to learn pilates.